Legal Frame in Turkey
The Legal İnstitutions and Processes Against Pirate Production and Trade to Intervene and Stop Their Actions
- Firstly, Turkish Commercial Code prohibits the unfair competition in a large frame. The prohibition and compensation of losses of rightful side has been determined by this Code. This Code is also providing 6 months imprisonment as criminal punishment for unlawful competitors.
- The Protection of Trademark Decree with the Power of Law numbered 556 and dated 1995 has a number of safeguards for trademark owners. According to this Decree, the unlawful side is punished with imprisonment of 2-4 year, closure of their business, seizure of assets and machines, high degrees of fine payement and also compensations for right holders’ losses.
- The Protection of Industrial Design Decree with the Power of Law numbered 554 dated 1995 has a number of safeguards for industrial design rights holder. Those punishment and payements in trademark decree are same in this decree against unlawful users of industrial designs.
- The Decree on Protection of Patent With The power Of Law numbered 551 and dated 1995 has a number od safeguards for patent rights holders. Those legal punishments and payements as also same as trademark decree.
- The Decree on Protection of Geographic Sign With The power Of Law numbered 555 and dated 1995 is also protecting the geographic sign holders. Those legal punishments and payements as also same as trademark decree.
ELTUTAN Law & Patent Office
Attorney Emine Artar TURKISH – ENGLISH
Tel: +90(212) - 272 28 00 Fax: +90(212) - 274 61 46
E-mail: [email protected]